SWEET SURRENDER

Love Wallpaper 19   1440 X 1280 stmednet 1440x1280

The greatest incongruence in Christianity is wanting God but not surrendering to Him. Absolute surrender is the key to absolute Victory. 
(Quote Edmund Chan)

The story goes. There was a missionary whom God send to a very remote village. It got dark and suddenly he stumbled off a cliff. As he fell, somehow he managed to grasp hold of the branches of a very small tree growing out of the cliff. In his desperate plight he cried out to God because he couldn't hold on much longer.
Then he heard the voice of God very clearly.
"Let go" God told him.
He obeyed instantly and let go of the branch. Actually he was only a foot off from the ground.
Ha ha You get the drift

Every christian struggles with this aspect of christian living. To surrender we need to realise the following :
1. We need to be desperate.
2. We need to trust God with our life.
3. We need to be intimately connected to God.
4. There is no half measure.
5. The rewards are amazing and will blow your mind. It's the beginning of an exciting long adventure with God that is more exciting than Indiana Jones, when you surrender.

Heavenly Father,
Bring me down to my knees. Humble me that I may be desperate enough to cry out to You. Let me jump off the cliff, like a young eaglet leaving it's nest so I can soar high on the winds of the Holy Spirit, where I rightly belong. I'm sick and tired of a mundane and powerless spiritual life. Help me to discover the real me. Just as I am, without one plea, I surrender myself to You, for Your pleasure to do as You delight.
In Jesus name.

Comments

Popular Posts