THE GREATEST IS LOVE 2

Colorful Hearts and a Cross Hanging on Wooden Background — Stock ...

Now hope does not disappoint, because the LOVE of God has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5 : 5

The above verse has a special meaning for my wife. Why? 
For more than 10 years, her father, Mr. Wong was a demoniac, full of demons. He was like a madman. He even went to the local asylum, Tanjung Rambutan. But because it was not a medical but a spiritual problem, the psychiatrist could not help him. He had so many demons in him, that even though he took 500 milligrams of Valium (an overdose of tranquiliser), he could still stagger around.

Whenever I visited my in-laws in Ipoh, he would come out of his room dirty, smelly, crying and he would sob, 'I want to die, I want to die, can you pray for me?'.
I would pray for him. 10 minutes later he would come up from the room and repeat the same thing, all over again. I often ran out patience and felt like killing and strangling him. We can deal with normal people but not with people who are unsound.

One day my wife went for a prayer meeting. After the meeting a lady came up to her and told her that while they were praying the Lord told her that my wife don't love her father.
Reflecting, she knew deep in her heart that she couldn’t love her own father. In desperation, she turned to God and prayed, 'Lord please give me Your love so that I can love my own father'.

That week we went back to her parent's home town, Ipoh. When we arrived she went straight into her father's room where he laid, as usual dirty and smelly, hiding under his blanket. He was crying and exclaimed that he wanted to die.
My wife held him in her arms, and said, 'Dad, everyone's got to die. One fine day, you have got to die and I have got to die. But Dad, I wont let you die in this state'.
She was taken aback, as words of love continued to pour out of her mouth and it was like she was listening to someone else voice. And she was thinking I can't be saying all this words of love. 
God had answered her prayer and had given her His love to love her own father.

Mr. Wong responded do those words of love. And when all the other children were shouting at him, he would just look across the room at my wife for reassurance. And when she looked at him he would nod at her because he knew, that there was someone who truly loves him.  

Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will recieve, that your joy may be full.
John 16 : 23

What better way than to turn to our loving heavenly Father and ask from him.
Yes, often times we are not able because we didn’t ask. As a result, we often run out of our natural abilities. God encourages us to ask that our joy may be full.
In the next essay, I will reveal how Mr. Wong was healed by God in a supernatural and miraculous way by God.

Comments

Popular Posts